Issues with Large Files

Budge ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Mon Jan 23 09:48:04 PST 2017

On 23/01/17 17:24, RS wrote:
> [...]

Again see my earlier posts.  I am convinced I am experiencing two
different problems, corruption with profile which is occurring on short
files and the long file Linn problem.  I did say they all play on my RPi
without any problems.

The article to which I linked identified some technical benefits from 24
bit during record production but explains clearly why not relevant at
the listening end. Linn, however, from the days of vinyl lps, made and
continue to make their money from the Golden Eared brigade who tend to
believe that more must be better, whether bits or cash.  I have four
Linn devices purchased because they worked reasonably reliably at a time
when all similar kit used different proprietary standards but not as
effectively or reliably. Unfortunately Linn is also all proprietary but
the hardware works and is OK using apps like BubbleDS Next and
BubbleUPnP for control points.  (Linn apps are inferior) I doubt,
however, I shall buy any more Linn devices.