get_iplayer-2.99 search is different

artisticforge . artisticforge at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 08:22:28 PST 2017

hello

for several years I have had a PVR for the BBC Radio Wales programme
Celebration
this worked as i expected downloaded Celebration every Sunday morning.
BBC Radio Wales Celebration http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0079fvx

This morning i started get_iplayer-2.99 with
~/get_iplayer-2.99/get_iplayer --verbose --pvr

The result is that any radio programme with 'celebration' in the
radio.cache entry is being
queued to be downloaded.

So basically under Linux if you just did:
grep -i -e 'celebration' ~/.get_iplayer/radio.cache | less -S
will show you all the programmes currently matching.

I have disabled many PVR searches until I am able to determine how to
restore the old behavior.

I assume that the old behavior was just searching for matches on the name field.

I seem to remember that in the PVR file the fields to search could be specified.

current .get_player/pvr/Celebration contains
type radio
search0 Celebration

equally odd, the PVR for the radio programme 'Falco'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00r35gz.html

returned "10126|radio|5 live NFL - Super Bowl LI|b08dxcd8" because in
the description is
the word "Falcons" .

Was this also covered in release notes that I somehow missed?

--
terry l. ridder ><>