get_iplayer-2.99 odd behaviour

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Wed Feb 15 03:10:32 PST 2017

I am not using the PVR or capturing the log to a file.  With HAFstd in v2.99
I get

Recording:         1.57 MiB  / ~27.49 MiB     5.7%   0.0 MiB/s    01:45:45
remaining

At present I am using a connection which appears to be throttled to about
40kbit/s.  With v2.95 a speed of 42kbit/s (or sometimes 4kbit/s!) was being
reported.  To be fair at the finish or when resuming after an error v2.99
does display 2 decimal places for the speed (as in 0.04 Mibit/s) and it is
in Mibit/s instead of MiByte/s,  but 3 would be useful to give the same
information as before, and the same units should be used throughout.

Another minor niggle is that the TV licence warning is displayed for radio
programmes.  What is displayed is true, but it is irrelevant for radio.