Streamed output

James Scholes james at jls-radio.com
Tue Feb 14 02:54:39 PST 2017

Charles Johnson wrote:
> With 2.99, my --player='vlc -' argument is no longer recognised. I tried
> --output=- and then a pipe to vlc, but that didn't work. What is the
> correct way of streaming to stdout?

As of release 2.98, realtime streaming of programmes is no longer
possible.  From the release notes:

> The features below were deprecated in get_iplayer 2.95 and have now
been removed.

> • Streaming and recording of live programmes
> ◦ If you don't like the BBC/Radioplayer streaming service, live radio
stream links can be found at:
http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/query.asp?feedme=BBC
> ◦ If you know of a similar resource for live TV stream links (FilmOn
doesn't count), post it in the support forums.
> ◦ If you have a DIY bent and you speak Perl, the test harness for HLS
streams in this gist will show you how to retrieve and/or construct live
stream links:
https://gist.github.com/dinkypumpkin/7dd022d20838dd4a840b32dd919ead9c.
> • Streaming of on-demand programmes
> ◦ Includes removal of "Play" links in Web PVR search results
> ◦ Web PVR can still stream downloaded programmes

HTH.
--
James Scholes
http://twitter.com/JamesScholes