get_iplayer 2.99

SquarePenguin getiplayer at squarepenguin.co.uk
Sun Feb 12 10:16:52 PST 2017

On 12/02/17 12:23, cc wrote:
> hi
> what command line do i have to use to get 1280*720 picture definition with
> 2.99
> with  get_iplayer --prefs-add --tvmode=best,  I only get 960*540 definition

Seeing this thread:

https://squarepenguin.co.uk/forums/thread-1168-post-5226.html

...and the wiki now being updated, you should in fact have been able to
get the 1280*720 streams by using just '--tvmode=best'.

It was the wiki that was in fact inaccurate.

So, if you could make sure that is set in your preferences and perhaps
share the full command you were using when you saw the 960*540
resolution, others here can check the specific programme you were
downloading and see if it was because no HD stream was available.

Thanks.