Tag option "--prefs-add --tag-fulltitle"

SquarePenguin getiplayer at squarepenguin.co.uk
Sat Feb 11 05:54:20 PST 2017

On 11/02/17 11:11, Simon Morgan wrote:
> In v2.97 and earlier, I used  "--prefs-add --tag-fulltitle” to create an
> “option” entry that tagged my downloads with their full title. This no
> longer seems to work in v2.98 so can someone help me with the equivalent
> syntax.

That should still work, the wiki suggests that that is the correct thing
to do[0].

A possible workaround if it is failing...

The wiki would also suggest that episodes are tagged with the
<episodeshort> as title by default[1], which is simply the episode name
minus the episode number.

You can change the title using the --tag-format-title detailed in the
tagging options and choose the field to apply from the substitution
parameters[2]. From that substitution parameter list you should be able
to construct a suitable result, chaining parameters together if you wish.

So you could try:

--tag-format-title <title>

That would seemingly achieve the same thing --tag-fulltitle would but
via a different route.

[0] https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/tagging

[1] https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/manpage#tagging-options

[2]