Why mp4 or mp4.ts from identical installation?

artisticforge . artisticforge at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 05:29:59 PST 2017

hello

based sole on dump.txt the centos linux install does not have ffmpeg installed.
the fedora install does have ffmpeg installed. fedora install does not
have AtomicParsley installed. I see no attempt to tag the output.

the command that i use is:
~/get_iplayer-2.96/get_iplayer --tag-isodate --verbose --mode=best
--type=tv --pid=<PID>  2>&1
~/get_iplayer-log/get_iplayer-2.96-YYYY-MM-DD

I do not use the web interface so i can not help you there.
i normal use bash shell scripts and some perl scripts to download what i desire.

On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 12:09 PM, Charles Bradshaw
<charles.bradshaw at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> * atomicparsley is not present in either of my installations!
>
> Please, I am serious about solving this problem. Do not reply off list. I
> have received some off list replies, clearly indicating poor understanding
> of both mailing list protocol and the amount of effort I prepared to invest.
>
> Is the attachment to my original post available to the list members? There
> are important clues in it, and  if not I will summarise it.
>
> I think the .mp4.ts producing install failed as the result of something
> missing, or perhaps a version dependency.
>
> Can I dump the ffmpeg and RTMPDump commands?
>

> On 06/02/17 15:30, artisticforge . wrote:
>>
>> hello
>>
>> check that ffmpeg & atomicparsley are both installed.
>> I had this happen on a new install of trisquel linux on a laptop.
>> neither ffmpeg nor atomicparsley were installed. once installed
>> everything works.
>>

>> On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 7:07 AM, Charles Bradshaw
>> <charles.bradshaw at ntlworld.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello List
>>>
>>> I have get_iplayer and get_iplayer.cgi installed under 2 different
>>> flavors of Linux, Fedora in the first case and CentOS in the second.
>>>
>>> The Identical installs are run under Apache and are installed as per
>>> instructions here: github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/webpvrold
>>>
>>> The problem I'm seeing is that apparently identical installations
>>> produce different recorded file formats. The Fedora install produces
>>> vanilla .mp4, but the CentOS install produces .mp4.ts
>>>
>>> (please see - attached dump.txt.zip containing radically different
>>> record information from the different installations.)
>>>
>>> Why do two identical installations produce different file encoding? The
>>> latter .mp4.ts is huge (213,733,064) the former .mp4 is only half the
>>> size (123,967,485). Also the transport stream file is more or less
>>> useless because at present no browsers native HTML5 player supports ts.
>>>
>>> Presumably, I can configure my CentOS (mp4.ts producing) install to
>>> produce vanilla .mp4, but how?
>>>
>>> I have slightly different versions of ffmpeg, 2.8.10 (Fedora) and 2.2.1
>>> (CentOS); and RTMPDump v2.4 (Fedora) and RTMPDump v2.2e (CentOS) -
>>> perhaps there are problems here?
>>>
>>> Thank in advance.
>>>
>>> PS Neither install is public facing!

terry l. ridder ><>