Preparing for latest update - modes questions.

SquarePenguin getiplayer at squarepenguin.co.uk
Mon Feb 6 12:32:18 PST 2017

On 06/02/17 16:57, RS wrote:
> I don't see how that is possible with some of the HVF changes.

Yep, you're right, I was wrong you won't get the same underlying
stream/bitrate etc for all the re-mappings.

I checked a random couple of those re-mappings by comparing the previous
wiki commits and whilst some are the same (unfortunately I checked ones
that were the same - always bad to not check everything, my fault), some
aren't as you've pointed out.

This reorg must have changed these values/mappings to meet the new approach:

>> get_iplayer now uses a stream hierarchy organised by video size
rather than bit rate.

If anyone does want to compare what was to what is, you can do so by
bringing up the pre-revision wiki page using this link:

https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/modesref/7de838d1fd2968777829eb22a42818874e6c40d1

...and compare it to the current page:

https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/modesref