No Modes for b05p6gj6 and Others.

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Wed Dec 6 08:13:48 PST 2017

From: Ralph Corderoy
Sent: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 2:00 PM

>> What matters is that the episodes you want are not available in the
>> iPlayer.

>And as I said before, that might just be because of the same underlying
>problem that's affecting the data get_iplayer retrieves.  :-)

>I've deleted s09 from tv.cache and refreshed it.  They don't re-appear.

>s09e01's b05p6gj6 wasn't in the large Monday refresh at 2017-11-20
>09:30:40 but appeared in Tuesday's refresh of 2017-11-21 12:14:08.
>Seemingly by mistake?

I don't have any s09 programmes in my cache.

Your complaint seems to be that a programme appeared in your cache when it
ought not to have done because it had not been broadcast within the last 30
days.  You won't get much sympathy from Dinky if you raise that in the forum
because he or she always tells users to check that the programme can be
streamed in the iPlayer before reporting a bug.

I don't pay much attention to the cache, and I don't even bother to make
sure my cache is complete.  If a programme is there it saves me a bit of
typing.  If not I use the PID.  The method of copying PIDs Alan suggested a
few weeks ago is easier and less error prone than the way I used to do it.

I have not looked at how the scraping is done or what sources it uses.  It
has been said that the scraping is fragile.  I can imagine it would be easy
to get confused when some episodes of a programme are re-broadcast and
others are not.

Best wishes
Richard