BBC Clifton API JSON data (attn: Martin Powell)

Mark Carroll mtbc at ixod.org
Fri Dec 1 02:39:44 PST 2017

On 01 Dec 2017, Mike Ralphson wrote:

> As we got shown the door at the forum, I hope it's not too off-topic
> to post this here.

Thank you for sharing. I was planning to get around to doing a bit of
get-iplayer-related scripting and this would be easy to work into it.
It's always hard to know how much effort to invest without any long-term
assurance of service availability but some simple JSON parsing isn't too
much cost to sink.

> To clarify, this data is not mine or generated by me, it comes straight from
> the BBC's replacement for the data sources they shut down back in April/May.
> It *could* be used by get_iplayer to reinstate the lost category information,
> should the maintainer so wish.

When we had it I did find the category information quite useful. For
instance, I can summarily ignore everything from "Relationships &
Romance"! (-:

-- Mark