Fw: Re: New radio PIDs, more than 8 characters

Alan Milewczyk alan at soulman1949.com
Sun Aug 13 10:33:30 PDT 2017

On 13/08/2017 17:44, M Clark wrote:
> Thanks for coding help but, the problem is worse (for me...),
> PID w172vg029mkl852
> Business Matters - Former US Vice President Al Gore on Climate Change (w172vg029mkl852)
>
> So not even 8 characters.  Other World Service Series (?) have similar PIDs now, e.g. Weekend, World Update.
>
> And I thought I was the only one who listened to WS!
>
> M.

No you're not alone, I've been listening to the World Service (and, a
long time ago, the European Service) for a while and thanks for pointing
out this issue, I hadn't noticed it. I tend to do my file checking on a
Monday for the preceding week.

I could follow the logic of  Vangelis' amended coding but I'm afraid I
don't understand Ralph's. To be honest I'm not that bothered about
coding that eliminates invalid PID combinations, I'm more interested in
using something that picks them all up. Would I be right in saying that
amending Vangelis' suggestion to:
                         [bpw][a-z0-9]{14}
would pick up 15 character PIDs as well as anything shorter?

Alan

PS maybe in the light of Richard's post just now, we need not worry!

---