Playing BBC R3 FLAC files recorded by nightly VLC

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Sun Aug 6 03:50:53 PDT 2017

I don't think that is right.

>I know how to get 320kbit/s using gip, but how do you get the FLAC lossless
>stream using gip?

You can't do it with GiP.

You have a choice of using a recent nightly build of VLC as Vangelis
explains in
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2017-August/010957.html
and the other messages in the thread, or a special version of ffmpeg as Jim
explained in April.  Vangelis gives a link to Jim's article.  In either case
you can record the live stream, which includes all R3 output during the
Proms trial period.