Playing BBC R3 FLAC files recorded by nightly VLC

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Sun Aug 6 03:42:02 PDT 2017

Thanks for the suggestion.  I did try that, which would have had the effect
of tidying up or replacing the container while leaving the content
unchanged.  It was not enough.  There were still problems with the FLAC
content which prevented it from playing even in VLC v2.2.6.  I had to use
ffmpeg with -f=flac to tidy up the FLAC content.