Problems downloading subtitles

artisticforge . artisticforge at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 19:14:04 PDT 2017

hello

I have been looking at past logs trying to figure that out.
i am not deaf just like to use subtitles so my program viewing is private.

It would appear that when the BBC killed XML files, subtitles were also killed.

example from 25 april 2017
INFO: Getting Subtitles from
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/subtitles/ng/modav/bUnknown-a9b5c619-426b-4510-af23-78e695f460d0_b04wsf8d_1492381368102.xml
INFO: Getting page
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/subtitles/ng/modav/bUnknown-a9b5c619-426b-4510-af23-78e695f460d0_b04wsf8d_1492381368102.xml
INFO: Downloading Subtitles to
'~/get_iplayer.dir/Natural_World_2010-2011/Natural_World_2010-2011_-_9._Miracle_in_the_Marshes_of_Iraq_b00xxf9f_editorial

I did find a file type "opensubtitled" which seems to be used for
Foreign Language programs subtitled in English by default.

On Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 6:34 PM, Allan Preston <allan.preston at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am aware that the BBC have broken get_iplayer with the removal of
> the XML files.
>
> I am able to download files via the --pid= argument, however that only
> downloads the actual program. I have not yet found any way to get it
> to download the associated subtitles file, and I'm deaf and rely
> heavily on subtitles.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?

terry l. ridder ><>