No .xml - what is work-around?

Nick Payne njhp94 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 14:26:52 PDT 2017

On 28/04/2017 11:21 PM, artisticforge . wrote:
> get_iplayer-2.99
>
> completely and utterly broken.
Nonsense. I started this D/L five minutes ago. I get no meaningful
filename or embedded program information, but the program downloads ok:

D:\Users\Nick\scripts>get_iplayer --pid="b08nz0j0"
--output=D:\Users\Nick\Videos
get_iplayer 2.99-windows.0, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
  This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use
--warranty.
  This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain
  conditions; use --conditions for details.

  NOTE: A UK TV licence is required to legally access BBC iPlayer TV content

WARNING: rdf URL contained no data
WARNING: PID URL contained no RDF data. Trying to record PID directly.
INFO: Trying pid: b08nz0j0 using type: tv
INFO: Trying to download PID using type tv
INFO: pid not found in tv cache
Matches:

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
WARNING: Could not download programme metadata from
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08nz0j0.xml
INFO: Checking existence of original version
INFO:
hlshd1,hlshd2,hvfxsd1,hvfxsd2,dvfxsd1,dvfxsd2,dvfxsd3,hlsvhigh1,hvfxhigh1,hvfxhigh2,dvfxhigh1,dvfxhigh2,dvfxhigh3,hvflow1,hvflow2,dvflow1,dvflow2,dvflow3
modes will be tried for version original
INFO: Trying hlshd1 mode to record tv: get_iplayer - b08nz0j0
INFO: File name prefix = get_iplayer-b08nz0j0
INFO: Begin recording file:
D:\Users\Nick\Videos\get_iplayer-b08nz0j0.video.ts
INFO: Begin recording at: 0.00 MiB (00:00:00) [1]