[Get-iPlayer] Re: BBC iPlayer login will be required from 2017

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Thu Sep 29 06:07:10 PDT 2016

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 04:36:19PM -0500, artisticforge . wrote:

> I listen to BBC Radio off the internet.
> As to which stations it depends on the day of the week and the time of day.
> Sunday is Radio Cumbria, Radio Kent, Radio Lincolnshire, Radio Stoke and
> Radio Wales.
>
> Asking for location makes no sense to me.

Ah, right, so just because it isn't helpful for your particular unusual
case they shouldn't do it.

By the same argument they should close down all of those radio stations
because of the unusual case of someone who is completely deaf.

Computer Science is about lofty design goals and careful algorithmic
optimisation.  Sysadminning is about cleaning up the resulting mess.