Web PVR in v2.96 - Recording modes

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Mon Sep 12 03:05:12 PDT 2016

Has anyone tried to do this?  As Jim says, the propagation/processing delays
will differ.  The issue is whether the relative delay is constant, which
would mean a fairly easy adjustment, or whether it drifts so that adding in
a constant delay will not work.  Many years ago (probably pre-NICAM) the BBC
occasionally had radio/television simulcasts, so it may be that the problem
of keeping radio and television in sync has been considered.  Do they use
the same clock?

If you have a satellite receiver it is probably easier to record the streams
from that.  HD gives you a stereo stream at 256kbit/s and an AC3 stream at
192kbit/s.