Web PVR in v2.96 - Recording modes

Jim web web at audiomisc.co.uk
Sun Sep 11 09:48:30 PDT 2016

In article <004b01d20c48$8acc5030$a064f090$@morgan at skm.org.uk>, Simon
Morgan <s.morgan at skm.org.uk> wrote:
> Hi Jim,

> I appreciate the fact that the R3 file is at 320k however my point was
> that the "radiobest" option didn't appear to be working on the BBC TV as
> I seemed to be getting the audio rate associated with the "tvgood"
> option i.e. 96k rather than the 128k available with the default(i.e.
> "tvbest"). Either I am doing something incorrectly or there is a minor
> bug (more likely the former!).

Alas, the clue is in the name "radiobest" I suspect.

HDTV isn't radio. So I doubt "radiobest" is a mode appropriate for TV
fetching.

FWIW I have suggested to BBC people in the past that some of us would
prefer 25 fps video with 320k audio to 50 fps with 128k audio. Radio people
are inclined to agree with me. But they aren't making the decisions when it
comes the TV side of things.

To get the best audio for TV you may have to use a mode like the one I
reported in an earlier email. That works here to get 128k *provided* the TV
people have generated a suitable file. But means you get larger files
because they are 50fps. That said, they look nice. :-)

Jim