aactomp3 - substitute code - for deprecated option

Kevin Lynch klynchk at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 05:42:59 PDT 2016

I too rely on the aactomp3 code for my downloads - Car CD player plays
only WMA/MP3. The current functionality works as I need

As I understand it the aactomp3 option

after the file download is complete takes the aac file, converts to
mp3 and then calls atomic_parsley to populate the metadate.

I don't have the skills or the time to write this sort of code (and
make it work)
please can someone provide model code that I can add to my get_iplayer
invocation and download scripts that we can test ahead of the
revocation

Finally when this is all done place this in the online doc for get_iplayer

I can help with Ubuntu and testing (and I suppose if no-one else can
test - I can do the same for windows :( )

Thanks

Kevin