License question

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Fri Sep 2 07:54:32 PDT 2016

On Fri, Sep 02, 2016 at 03:01:44PM +0100, Chris Marriott wrote:
[...]
> The fact that the original poster used the American English spelling
> "license", rather than the British English "licence", suggests to me that he
> is not resident in the UK, and therefore does not actually require a licence.

You're reading far too much into that. Not everybody is familiar with this
bizarre edge case of spelling, and loads of people get it wrong.

The sender is almost certainly in the UK, because if they were not, they'd have
seen a message along the lines of "iPlayer is not accessible from outside the
UK" instead.