Linux PVR Broken?

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Thu Oct 27 04:43:36 PDT 2016

My preferred HD mode is HLSHD.  It gives the fastest downloads and also lets
me have 1280x720 at 25fps.  It has the disadvantage that is it only
available from one CDN.  More seriously, for a period of about three weeks a
month or two ago almost all programmes had multiple Segment not found errors
in HLS modes.  This led to its no longer being the default best mode from
v2.96 on.  Those problems seem to have been fixed and show no signs of
coming back.   About two weeks ago I got Segment not found errors (as they
were called in v2.95) in episodes 5 and 6 of Fleabag.  I think that reflects
the making of those episodes during the time of the HLS errors, rather than
that they were new errors.

If I have understood the Wiki correctly (I say that because I have just
checked and it is different from what I thought, particularly tv25fps) the
v2.97 default best mode is HVFHD which is 1280x720 50fps, whereas HLSHD is
1280x720 25fps.  The highest HVF resolution at 25fps is HVFVHIGH at 960x540.