[Get-iPlayer] Re: BBC iPlayer login will be required from 2017

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Sat Oct 1 05:40:09 PDT 2016

On 2016-09-29, 17:19, RS wrote:
> From: David Cantrell
>>> As far as I am aware there are no regional or local television or
>>> radio stations which serve a single post code.
>> You're right, but you are also, I think, deliberately missing the point.
>> Each station serves a long list of postcodes, and you can't use anything
>> else that people are expected to know, like the name of their home town,
>> to reliably pick a local radio station.
> I find it difficult to understand how anyone would want to catch up from
> a radio station whose name he or she did not know.

Did you not know that iPlayer also lets you listen/watch live? It's not
just for catch up.

Personally I don't understand why anyone would want to listen to *any*
local radio, but given that some people do, I expect that there exist
people who want to listen to their local radio station online.

Arbeit macht Alkoholiker