Linux PVR Broken?

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Wed Nov 2 19:06:09 PDT 2016

On Mon Oct 31 10:31:39 GMT 2016, RS wrote:

> Thank you for that definition of tv25fps,
> because I have struggled to find it
> in the documentation.

... Since my previous thread post, the maintainer
has amended the wiki to include the posted info:

https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/modesref/_compare/7de838d%5E...7de838d

and

https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/modesref#tv-shortcuts

> It should be noted that it only works
> with the latest versions of get_iplayer

2.96+

The individual commit that introduced it was:

https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/commit/5f85c44e8d551840271d65ae2e8aea19a71bcda5

prior to 2.96's release.

> and does not work in v2.95 and earlier.

Was not needed then; 2.94 had no support
for hvf AppleHLS tvmodes, which include
the modes (hvfhd,hvfsd) yielding 50fps files.
The default in 2.94 was flashmodes, but
hlsmodes (older/legacy AppleHLS
streams) were supported by FFmpeg as
user selected modes.

OTOH, in 2.95 the default tvmodes were
changed from flash to hls (and support for
those was delegated to the new native Perl
downloader, the default for VOD);
hvf support was introduced, but again only
as a user selected option, not inside the defaults.

But then the infamous corruption of the hlshd/hlsvhigh
modes took place (no longer present), which necessitated
the release of 2.96, in which the hvfmodes (hence
50fps files) were made the default...

Complete story told :-)
(for those who don't keep track of GiP changes) ...

Regards,
Vangelis.