BBC iPlayer viewers now need a TV licence to watch to catch up with their favourite shows

C E Macfarlane c.e.macfarlane at macfh.co.uk
Mon May 16 04:25:00 PDT 2016

Please see below ...

www.macfh.co.uk/CEMH.html

[snip]

>     I have a hard time believing that the BBC would throw all of that away
>     and leave it to a third party company to implement.  Just imagine how
>     many millions have already gone into those projects I listed above?

Unfortunately, they have what UK police slang refers to as 'form':

:-(	?100m of public money wasted in failed IT project:
	http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26963723

:-(	The number of recent BBC changes that have broken or withdrawn
	THEIR OWN services such as iPlayer even on comparatively recently
	purchased consumer equipment tells you that habitually they fail
	to plan ahead.