Spurious write permission error

iz ilainftw at gmx.com
Tue May 3 11:59:16 PDT 2016

> Sent: Monday, May 02, 2016 at 1:41 PM
> From: "Nick Payne" <nick.payne at internode.on.net>
> [snip]
> Unable to write to a directory lacking write permission.INFO: Command
> exit code 255 (raw code = 65280)
> WARNING: Failed to tag MP4 file

That error message comes from AtomicParsley. It is not related to GiP itself or to accessing the download_history file. That file is written before AtomicParsley runs. As you implied with the use of "spurious", it isn't a problem with access permissions - that is just assumed by AtomicParsley. The message really just means that AtomicParsley failed to rename the temporary (tagged) file back to the original file name for some reason. I used to occasionally see this happen on a USB disk attached to a router. I would also see ffmpeg glitches with the same setup, so I just chalked it up to disk contention and stopped using a network disk to host my output directory. Of course, that may not apply to your case.