Spurious write permission error

artisticforge . artisticforge at gmail.com
Tue May 3 04:26:38 PDT 2016

hello

Race conditions as you suggest would be the fault of the operating
system and/or filesystem design.
Nearly every operating system has drivers which queue requests so that
there is no chaos in the allocation of resources.
A design flaw that glaring would relegate the operating system to
nothing but a toy and the operating system would never
be used in a commercial environment.

Having read and studied the GiP Perl code over the years, no where in
the code are any cache files nor the download_history file opened and
kept open. They are looked at at start up , at which point they are
"sucked into" memory
to be used. The download_history file is opened for append writes
after a file has been downloaded . Does not mean that the file has
been downloaded correctly just that it has been downloaded.

I would chalk the OP errors to computer "hiccups" , cause unknown. A
glitch in time & space. A blink of the Twilight Zone or is it Night
Gallery. The bits which go bump in the night.

--
terry l. ridder ><>