Setting Locale in UK

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Thu Mar 17 04:17:38 PDT 2016

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 09:56:26PM -0000, Peter S Kirk wrote:
[...]
> Set the page to reload every x mins, then when "Watch now" appears, start
> GiP. Some programmes take days, and sometimes even weeks, to become
> available.

I use a really grotty shell script that polls every day or so for programmes
matching a list of regular expressions, so it catches them eventually. It keeps
me nicely fed and watered with Radio 4 comedies that are broadcast while I'm
out. I am very much liking the new 320kb/s streams as the old 128kb/s streams
were sometimes poorly-encoded and had unpleasant sibilance that distracted from
the programmes.

> Copy.com closes May 2016 - backup files elsewhere. I have ~700GB on copy.com
> Free. Any suggestions where to move the files to, preferably free.

Acquire a cheap HP Microserver and some disks, and install FreeNAS or similar.
It'll set you back a couple of hundred upfront, but will last a few years and
you won't need to worry about hopping between unprofitable services all the
time.

Alternatively, it's probably time to decide which of that 700GB of data you
actually want to keep.