Web PVR Manager Not Displaying Progress Bar

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Sat Jul 30 20:12:21 PDT 2016

On Sat Jul 30 09:00:57 BST 2016, Lorenzo Martinelli wrote:

> I find it a significant drawback
> because my internet connection is not very reliable,
> and I'd like to know if WPM is actually downloading
> or if I need to restart.

The reported behaviour has been
acknowledged as a bug by the code
maintainer (who has actually read this
list thread), so as a result issue #270
was created in the GitHub tracker:

https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/issues/270

later closed by commit git-782f04a
in the develop branch:

https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/commit/782f04a

Use at your own risk (as 2.96dev is unsupported)
the latest develop snapshot of the main perl script:

https://raw.github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/develop/get_iplayer

Jeremy Bartle wrote:

> This used to work in previous versions in Windows 7.

 That was because in the previous release, 2.94,
the default (tv|radio)modes were the flash ones,
where RTMPdump was used. In 2.95 that was
changed to hls being the default modes!

Regards,
Vangelis.