episode oddity

Alan Milewczyk soulman1949 at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 27 09:20:41 PDT 2016

On 27/07/16 15:50, Jim Lesurf wrote:
> I've been fetching and watching the recent 'Forces of Nature' BBC1 TV
> series presented by Brian Cox. There are four episodes and I've had no
> problem getting episodes 1, 2, and 4. But episode 3 seems different for
> some reason.
>
> For now, I've continued using a development version from Jan of 2.95 as it
> has otherwise worked fine. I fetch individual programmes with the
>
> --tvmode=hlsbest  and -- pid=<number>
>
> settings. However for episode 3 (pid = b07l1zvw) the fetch always halts at
> about 2 mins from the start.
>
> Anyone else had this problem or knows how to to fix it?
>
> Jim

Hi Jim

Yes I had the same problem with the episode you mention when it was
aired a week or so back, stopping at 2m21secs. All I know is that when I
discovered the truncated download the following day and forced another
download, everything was fine that time. That was on my main PC using
Windows 7 x64 GIP v2.94 (modes=hlshd). I've just repeated the process on
the same PC without problem.

HTH

Alan