Radio Downloads to m4a

Jim web web at audiomisc.co.uk
Mon Jul 25 01:34:59 PDT 2016

In article <VA.0000092d.10938923 at nutwood.net>, Mike Casswell
<mike at nutwood.net> wrote:
> DASH radio downloads are M4A files, but they are still re-muxed with
> ffmpeg by default in order to make the files palatable to AtomicParsley
> for metadata tagging. Downloading with --raw will produce M4A files.'

> I took this to mean that GIP would continue to output mp3 files from
> radio programmes, as before. This is what happened until yesterday.

IIUC The "re-muxed" means that the data is 're containered'. i.e. The
format of the actual audio content is unchanged. It is just 'repackaged'
for more convenient replay.

I admit I am surprised anyway that anyone was still getting mp3 as the main
iplayer radio output has been aac for a long time now.

Jim