2.95 & --refresh-future

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Mon Jul 18 19:38:50 PDT 2016

On Sun Jul 17 07:59:35 BST 2016, Simon Morgan wrote:

> That's right; the 2.95 release notes informs us
> that this option is ignored and no longer works.

...Not quite! If you are referring to line:

> The --refresh-future option is ignored,
> so searching of future schedules will not work.

present in the 2.95 Release Notes, then a more
careful reading will reveal that this sentence is
under "chapter" 6 of the Notes:

> 6. Fallback indexing: For when the BBC plays with matches

so it is only true when the --ybbcy switch
has been added to options (I hope we never
have to resort to that!).

In fact, the issue first reported by James Daley
and then confirmed by terry is due to a bug;
the code maintainer has become aware since
and has created issue #267 in the GitHub tracker,
later closed by commit git-992d670 in the develop
branch:

https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/commit/992d670

I am not a user of the "--refresh-future" feature,
but interested parties are welcome to check the fix
in the latest 2.96-dev edition of the main script:

https://raw.github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/develop/get_iplayer

Cheers,
Vangelis.