Disabling television mode

Don Grunbaum (Gmail) don.grunbaum at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 00:24:47 PDT 2016

>>> I don't think that is illegal.  That is because it is the house
>>> that
>>> is licensed not the person.  Anyone can watch a tv that is on
>>> those
>>> premises.
>>

>> No they can't/couldn't.  Did they not have to be members of your
>> family /
>> household (or guests)?
>
> Are you sure?  You may well be right but I have not seen that
> documented.
>
> Colin

While this is getting wildly OT, it IS the premises that are licensed.
You need separate licenses in "houses in multiple occupation" if
people have their own lockable entrance door (e.g. student lets).

Commercial premises (offices, shops and factories etc.) need a licence
but anybody on the premises can watch. I'm not sure about hotels, they
will probably be dealt with differently.

But don't go into PRS licences or we will be here all year.

Don