Disabling television mode

Roger Bell_West roger at firedrake.org
Tue Jul 12 09:56:30 PDT 2016

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 05:28:30PM +0100, Colin Law wrote:
>It's OK, I should have read further.  Your normal residence has to be
>covered, then one is ok wherever you are.

"provided the device you’re using to watch or download programmes
isn’t plugged into the electricity mains at a separate address."

So, while away from home, you must unplug your laptop before running
get_iplayer or watching anything downloaded by it. Which gets back to
the reason I started this thread, because I assumed people would know
this stuff or be capable of looking it up: my server is not at my
address, and is mains powered.