[ANN] get_iplayer 2.95 released

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Mon Jul 4 16:29:18 PDT 2016

On Sun Jul 3 18:18:21 BST 2016, dinkypumpkin wrote:

> https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/release295

>From that link =>

https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/release295#5-new-windows-installer

and:

> The installer is now self-contained.
> It does not download additional components,
> nor does it access the network while running.
> This should hopefully avoid some problems
> with anti-virus and anti-spyware packages.

 While the installer itself, "get_iplayer-2.95.0.exe",
is considered as safe by my Antivirus programme,
Kaspersky Antivirus 2016 with latest definitions
(04/07/2016, 19:41:00), the file "uninstall.exe"
set up by the installer inside the installation directory
is flagged as "Trojan-Ransom.NSIS.Onion.aefp".

 Obviously a false positive and I have placed it inside
the A-V's exceptions list, but thought it wise to report
to the list in the event other Kaspersky users
are met with the same warnings.
Of note is the fact similar file "Uninst.exe"
set up by previous (2.94.0) Windows installer
is regarded as safe by Kaspersky (?).

Regards.