[ANN] get_iplayer 2.95 released

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Mon Jul 4 15:40:45 PDT 2016

On Mon Jul 4 22:13:08 BST 2016, Shevek wrote:

>> WARNING: Required ffmpeg/avconv does not exist - not converting .ts
>
> I am getting this too, on the command line
> on Win Home Server 2011 (Win 2008 R2)
>
> I have another Win 10 installation which works fine

... There exists the first bug of GiP 2.95 acknowledged
by the coder:

https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/issues/264

with the same manifestation, but that bug seems to be
related to dash radiomodes, whereas the OP (SAO)
specifically mentioned TV programs (?);
possibly still related, but who knows?

(As for myself, I have stayed shy from updating
to the new Windows installer; for the time being
I am staying put to a highly customised 2.95dev
snapshot (g488ab9b of Feb 3rd 2016) that works
fine with my current setup (deployed with previous
Windows installer 2.94) and meets with most of
my recording needs. This is not to say I won't
upgrade eventually in the future...)

Regards,
Vangelis.