[ANN] get_iplayer 2.95 released

artisticforge . artisticforge at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 12:24:17 PDT 2016

hello

The dropping of support is to provide an incentive for users to
upgrade to a theoretically more secure version of Windows.
This is an effort to reduce the number of Trojan PC/Botnet members.

I do not run Windows anything, Linux and Mac OSX here. I do support
various groups which do use Windows.
These groups are under pressure to upgrade. Microsoft, has become
aggressive in "forcing" users to upgrade.
Being charity organizations they do not have the money to just
purchase new hardware that can run Windows 10.
There is a lot of old hardware out there that will never be able to
run Windows 10. The goal of Microsoft and 3rd-party
software suppliers is to make users to turn off that old hardware.

On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 2:03 PM, Owen Smith <owen.smith at cantab.net> wrote:
> Another piece of software dropping Vista support almost a year before the end of official Microsoft support, sigh. Well I haven't used get_iplayer for several months, this probably means I never will.
>
> What annoys me is XP was well supported by third parties for several years after Microsoft ceased support. Whereas Vista is being dropped by third parties long before Microsoft support ceases. Why? My laptop came with Vista installed, it does what I need, why do I get a much shorter life out of it than XP purchasers got?
>
> --
> Owen Smith <owen.smith at cantab.net>
> Cambridge, UK
>
>> On 3 Jul 2016, at 18:18, dinkypumpkin <dinkypumpkin at gmail.com> wrote: