get_iplayer currently broken...

C E Macfarlane c.e.macfarlane at macfh.co.uk
Fri Jan 15 03:12:51 PST 2016

Please see OT discussion below ...

www.macfh.co.uk/CEMH.html

>     >> Thanks Christopher,
>     >
>     > Charles.
>
>     My most sincere apologies for getting your
>     Christian name mixed up...

That's fine, I just didn't want my name to become permanently mistaken, so I
corrected you.

As for the rest, I think you're just muddying the waters even more.  We have
no reason to believe that the problem is anything more complicated than ...

>     > It's a pretty safe bet that the directory
>     > containing the ffmpeg program file
>     > has not been added to the PATH environment variable.

... and thus that the solution is equally simple ...

>     > Therefore, simply, Alan must either ...
>     > 1) Specify the full path to the program file as you suggest.
>     > 2) Add the path to the PATH environment variable, as I suggest.

... and thus that the rest of your previous post and this one beyond this
point, is just unnecessary noise interfering with the above signal.

Your posts are usually very helpful, but not so much in this case ... I
suggest you go back to bed, preferably with a good stiff hot toddy, until
your 'flu is past!

[big snip]