[OT] TOTPs not offered in HD (720p)

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Tue Jan 12 10:40:52 PST 2016

On Mon Jan 11 18:41:53 GMT 2016, Christopher Woods wrote:

> I see the intro to the TOTP New Year show is in HD.
> Going to
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b06t4pq8/top-of-the-pops-new-year ,
> I see the "Watch in HD" button below the video player.

I had the following iPlayer URL
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b00704hg
as a pinned tab since more than 10 days ago...
I immediately noticed the lack of HD for said TOTP progs,
usually when HD hasn't shown up a week after first
transmission (the Xmas episode case), I have little hope
- if any - it will ever do...
 Prior to starting this OT thread (and I do not usually start
OT threads... ), which was on Sunday evening, I again made
sure no HD was present; I issued:

get_iplayer --pid=b06tlczm,b06t4pq8 -i

and no flashhd1/hlshd1tvmodes were found... :-(
I even went further and searched for them manually
in other "mediasets" not used in GiP 2.94, to no avail...

This is the reason I then proceeded to search for them
in "darker" alleys...

The HD indicator suddenly appeared (... as if by magic!)
sometime yesterday afternoon (was not there in the morning,
I checked, I only came back to laptop to find it in the evening...);
I suppose this is no coincidence; this has again
confounded my belief this public list is being
monitored by BBC staff - and please do not get
started again about conspiracy theories and such...
I bet quite a large number of them already use GiP
in private!

> So why you're not able to get it through
> GiP is a mystery to me :)

Everything's sorted now!
So I guess all's well that ends well...

Many thanks, again, Christopher!