BBC Three

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Sun Feb 21 15:15:27 PST 2016

On Sun Feb 21 19:37:36 GMT 2016, CJB wrote:

> Using the Windows PVM I did a search for
> channel contains 'three' - there were 142 listed.

... That number mustn't be correct.
I force-refreshed the TV cache, then I
searched for "three", search in "Channel"
and programme type (ticked) "BBC TV"
(BBC Radio unticked): 90 entries were found.

 The oldest in my tv.cache (added 6d 9h ago)
(Comedy Feeds: Series 4: Radges, pid=p02rn2wn)
was last time on TV on Wed 10 Feb 2016 02:40
(as per http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02rn2wn/broadcasts )
so it shouldn't still be inside the TV cache
in the first place (???).

 The most recent entry to my tv.cache is
Don't Tell the Bride: Series 10: Bridezillas & Bromances,
pid=b06vhllw, last on TV today (22 Feb 2016 03:00),
as shown by:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06vhllw/broadcasts
So that does confirm tellyaddict's statement:

> BBC Three is actually still broadcasting
> programmes between 2 and 4am
> and these are also appearing on iPlayer

and with a little search I arrived at:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/programmes/schedules/this_week
http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/programmes/schedules/next_week

So, despite http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/schedules/bbcthree
redirecting you to http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree ,
the schedules feeds (which GiP uses) do have content;
so perhaps the following 2.95dev commit

https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/commit/ac6e830

was a tad premature...
And using a 2.95dev snapshot previous to git-ac6e830

perl
get_iplayer-295dev-g488ab9b.pl --type=livetv --pid=bbc_three --force --modes=hvflow2

does produce a recording (BBC Three is off air),
which means that although there's no more an
odfficial iplayer "Watch Live" page
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/bbcthree
the feed itself is still alive...
The night owls amongst you may check if it is still
actually possible to record (with GiP) the "vampire"
zone 0200-0400 !
BTW, GiP 2.94 is broken when it comes to Live TV
(due to changes on the beeb's end), so don't try that!

Regards