2.97 failing to produce files

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Sun Dec 11 09:42:44 PST 2016

On Sun Dec 11 17:21:58 GMT 2016, I wrote:

> Your very old ffmpeg version has been probably affected
> by the following GiP commit:
>
> https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/commit/9183610030e9e85ff8d2711108feb1c9d6333f97
>
> It appears the combination of  "-loglevel -stats" is
> what broke your 0.8.18 FFmpeg version

... Trying to interpret the code in the commit,
it looks as though you need to pass

--ffmpeg-obsolete

in your download command; but I'm not sure
it'll work, since on GiP's help it states:

> --ffmpeg-obsolete
> Indicates you are using an obsolete version of ffmpeg (<0.7)
> that does not support the -loglevel or -stats options,
> so  --quiet, --verbose and --debug will not be applied to ffmpeg.

Please report back whether that switch
works for you, so that GiP's help file
could be modified; from your 2.96 log
we know that FFmpeg 0.8.x supports
at least -loglevel switch (but not -stats).

Vangelis.