My wrapper script broke with 2.96

artisticforge . artisticforge at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 11:49:49 PDT 2016

hello

okay linux.

the option file for get_iplayer should be located at
/home/<login_name>/.get_iplayer/options

On my Raspberry Pi 3 running Raspbian Jessie it is located at
/home/pi/.get_iplayer/options

get_iplayer --show-options
Shows options which are set and where they are defined

I save off the get_iplayer long help for future reference
get_iplayer --helplong | tee get_iplayer-longhelp

if --type is not given nor set , get_iplayer defaults to type 'tv'

Giving the command:
"~/get_iplayer-2.96/get_iplayer  --force --get 10560"

assuming that get_iplayer is defaulting to type 'tv' is going to
search for TV programs with the string '10650'.

<begin quote>
--force                          Ignore programme history (unsets
--hide option also). Forces a script update if used with -u
 --get, -g                        Start recording matching programmes.
Search terms required unless --pid specified. Use  --search=.* to
force download of all available programmes.
<end quote>

get_iplayer-2.96 when downloading an audio program the temporary file
name ends in .m4a.m4a . The temporary files no longer end in flv.

get_iplayer-2.96 when downloading a video program the temporary file
name ends in mp4.ts.
after conversion the video filename will end in mp4.

To fetch Beverley's World of Music from BBC Radio Wales on Sunday Nights I use:
~/get_iplayer-2.96/get_iplayer --type=radio --mode=best
--pid=b07lp7d7; # Beverley's World of Music

To fetch Wallace & Gromit I use:
~/get_iplayer-2.96/get_iplayer --type=tv --mode=best --pid=b01q0k5b

I normally collect logs of the various get_iplayer downloads

get_iplayer command-line 2>&1 | tee ../get_iplayer-logs/<logfile-name>

--
terry l. ridder ><>