hvfvhigh, new ffmpeg, etc

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Wed Aug 24 02:50:19 PDT 2016

>From: RS Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 22:39

>Unless and until HLS is fixed, FlashHD is the only way to get 1280x720
>25fps unless you re-encode HVFHD to 25fps.

When I wrote the suggestion of re-encoding HVFHD to 25fps I was assuming
that I could use ffmpeg -r 25 to drop alternate frames to reduce the frame
rate.  It seems it is not that easy.  h.264 identifies the difference from
the previous frame and encodes it.  If I delete the previous frame it stops
working.  I just got a lot of Invalid timestamp errors from ffmpeg.  It
seems I have to uncompress the HVFHD, which will result in an enormous file,
and then re-encode it at 25fps with libx264.  Does anyone have any ideas how
to do it?