Audio/Video Out of Sync

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Wed Aug 17 01:58:01 PDT 2016

On Tue Aug 16 20:25:00 BST 2016, C E Macfarlane wrote:

> I was searching each night's log for the word 'error',
> but in fact the missing segment messages come up as 'WARNING'.
> It's not a big problem now that I've realised my mistake,
> but I think that message ought to be changed to 'ERROR',
> because it means that the resulting file will be corrupted.

Hello Charles, I hope all's well with you!

What you suggest has been already implemented
in the develop branch (2.96-dev) of GiP,
specifically with commit git-1564276:

https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/commit/1564276

Things in the develop branch are changing constantly currently,
literally by-the-day!
If anyone is to try it, FIRST READ ALL THE COMMIT TITLES in

https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/commits/develop/get_iplayer

(after "bump dev version")
and the commit summaries by clicking individual commits/snapshots.

If the hls tvmodes issues persist over time,
then the next major GiP release will be out
sooner rather than later!

Kind regards,
Vangelis