Audio/Video Out of Sync

S Carr sjcarr at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 09:49:34 PDT 2016

On 15 August 2016 at 17:35, tellyaddict <tellyaddict21 at gmx.co.uk> wrote:
> We have been told for a long time that the Flash streams will disappear. Not sure this is really the answer.

Being told one thing and it actually happening are not the same. When
they disappear then I'll worry about it. Using flash might not be the
ultimate fix to the issue but it got me back up and working.

Hats off to dinky for the work, but please realise get_iplayer is a
hack, a workaround, call it whatever you want, it's not a legitimate
way to "consume" iPlayer content, those apps the BBC produce will have
a lot more error checking and recovery in them than get_iplayer does,
so all this speculation on how things work is just meaningless noise.