Get_iplayer 2.95 radio errors

Clive roadcone at gmx.com
Fri Aug 12 11:38:48 PDT 2016

On 12/08/16 09:05, Vangelis forthnet wrote:
> On Thu Aug 11 12:43:55 PDT 2016, Clive wrote:
>
>> I am using v2.95 "out of the box" on a Linux Mint 17.3 computer
>> (snip)
>> My options are:
>> refreshexclude = BBC Three
>
> Not needed anymore in GiP 2.95!
> Please remove that!
>
>> search =
>> (http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/releases/iplayer/revisions/617463_618125_4/617463_618125_4_emp.swf)
>>

> Invalid - to be removed!
>
>> modes = flashaacstd
>
> Is there a particular reason you've set this?
> It limits you to 128kbps radio downloads,
> using the troublefree (but deprecated)
> RTMP streams.
> In GiP 2.95, the default is the dashhigh
> radiomode, which should get you 320kbps
> radio downloads via the MPEG-DASH streams...
>
> Just my 2p
>
> Kind regards,
> Vangelis.

Hello Vangelis

I'll make the amendments you suggest. The reason for flashaacstd is that
I have used gip for a while and at one stage the default was not aac and
that is what I then preferred. It worked, it still does so it is a
legacy that has been ignored.

I did try dashhigh and it did seem to be much slower to download
(though, of course, the file is larger). Before I make that change I
need to establish whether my player will handle the format as I'd like
to avoid having to transcode separately for files for the player.

Thank you for you 2p - worth at least double that!

Clive