Audio/Video Out of Sync

Jim web web at audiomisc.co.uk
Wed Aug 10 03:38:56 PDT 2016

In article <B413703BDAC6425783838E5D3FD766C9 at vasonote>, Vangelis
forthnet
<northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr> wrote:

> > HLS stream corruption has spread to radio

> it would appear that radio downloads (hls radiomodes) are also
> affected; I haven't noticed such a report in the list/forum about
> "Segments not found" during audio downloads, possibly because the
> default radiomode (320k in the UK) uses MPEG-DASH streams. The hls
> radiomodes are hosted/streamed again on a unique Akamai CDN, whose
> hostname is:

> "cp401492-vh.akamaihd.net"

> again being (supplier="akamai_hls_open")

Another comment I can pass on is that the June changes may mean that
master playlists from before that change might need updating. I had
assumed this wouldn't be a problem here, but I should have mentioned
it before, just in case!

OK. Just to clarify for my own sake as I want to check I understand
correctly...

Is it the case than when I use MPEG-DASH to fetch the 320k radio streams,
the above means that they may well suffer 'blips' or similar effects due to
the problems?

> To conclude, inform your BBC liaison that it is the "akamai_hls_open"
> CDN/supplier that is misbehaving currently (since the start of the
> month...).

OK. I'll pass that on. :-)

Jim