OT: why were BBC archives deleted or destroyed?

Owen Smith owen.smith at cantab.net
Thu Aug 4 06:30:18 PDT 2016

Plus nobody thought they were of any value. Before VHS, DVDs, selling radio series on cassette or whatever, and iPlayer, once something had been broadcast the only value it had was if the BBC wanted to repeat broadcast it. They couldn't see the future, and didn't have a "library" mindset.

--
Owen Smith <owen.smith at cantab.net>
Cambridge, UK