Radio 2 50s

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Sun Apr 17 15:53:21 PDT 2016

On Sun Apr 17 21:20:22 BST 2016, Don Grunbaum wrote:

> I have added a recursive pvr job with the above "brand" pid,
> but when I run the pvr it doesn't find any programmes,
> either in pvr-single mode, or "normal" mode.
> I've tried it before with other "brand" pids,
> but it has never worked for me.

... Sorry to hear that, Don :-(

My OS is WinVista SP2 Home Premium 32bit,
I have GiP 2.94 installed and prior to posting, I
did try all the commands I advised you to use;
they all worked as expected!

In one of your previous posts you said:

> The command line works fine.

so that means you did manage to record
some of the already broadcast radio shows
belonging to brandPID=p03lsql7 by issuing

get_iplayer --type=radio --pid=p03lsql7 --pid-recursive

in the CLI (???).

Can you post the console output when
running the pvr job, so that we can see
what's possibly wrong?
In the CLI run:

get_iplayer --pvr-single="ONCE_BBC_Radio_2_50s" > PVR_log.txt 2&>1

"PVR_log.txt" should be created inside GiP's installation folder,
i.e. C:\Program Files\get_iplayer (for 32bit OS).
If small, attach to an e-mail, else post it on a
pastebin-type site and then share the link here.

If --pid-recursive works in the CLI, then it should also
work in the PVR (CLI or GUI) - remember, the GUI
is just a frontend for the CLI...

If you have already fetched shows manually
via the CLI, running that PVR job should be able to
detect and download (more recent) radio shows
not already present inside your history file
(Brand and/or Series PID demand the XML::Simple
perl module, but that is already installed by
the Windows installer; plus, it should be there and
working fine if "--pid=p03lsql7 --pid-recursive"
works in the CLI)...

I honestly hope you get this sorted!

Best regards.