Web PVR

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Sat Apr 9 08:25:55 PDT 2016

(OT discussion follows, please disregard if not really interested...)

On Sat Apr 9 08:12:32 BST 2016, Don Grunbaum wrote:

> But the Mozilla Devs haven't dropped support for Windows XP (yet!).
> My only reason for switching is that Chrome keeps popping up a message
> that support for XP has ceased, and I can't turn it off.

Good afternoon, Don :-)

Please read:

http://sdfox7.com/chromexp2.htm

for instructions.

Latest version, 49.0.2623.112, pushed
on Apr 7th, still runs fine. But major version
49 of the stable (release) channel should be
the last XP/Vista compatible.

Vista (ny current OS) will remain under MS
Extended Support until Apr 2017, yet the Chrome
devs have also included it in their not-supported-anymore
OSes (along with XP).

Never have been a Chrome convert, used it
occasionally for tests. There exists very
interesting discussion in the following thread:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/175404-chrome-49-update/

Keep an eye for any development there by the
devoted XP/Vista communities (very uncertain
ATM, but they may come up with a custom build
of Chrome 49+ that could run on XP/Vista).

> Thanks again, Vangelis,
> for your ever comprehensive reply.
> You could have simply said RTFM!

... As posted recently,

>> I try my best to be civil in my list posts,
>> (snip)
>> but in general I try not to offend
>> the other person...

 Whenever spare time allows, instead
of offering "pre-cooked" meal to a person
seeking support, I prefer to direct him/her
to the list of "ingredients" and a "recipe" !

Best regards,
Vangelis.