GiP-2.95-develop & list archives

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Thu Apr 7 16:16:11 PDT 2016

Hi John,

> What's happening is that the programme that began as 50 half-frames
> (i.e. fields) is now being sent as 50 full frames per second, with
> interpolation being used to create the missing lines.

Does this explain why I normally see BBC credits as double-vision when I
pause;  every one of their frames has the text twice at two slightly
different vertical positions.  I've wondered why they didn't sync their
scrolling speed and rendering with the frame encoding.  It looks very
amateurish.

Bring back genlock?  :-)

Cheers, Ralph.